Xiang Mao Essential Oil
Information from Young Living on Xiang Mao
Young Living Founder and CEO D. Gary Young has a passion for traveling the world in search of new essential oils. One of these new oils, Xiang Mao, was discovered high in Taiwan’s southeastern mountain slopes and is grown by the aboriginal Paiwan tribe. Commonly known as red lemongrass, Xiang Mao means “aromatic grass for rapid enlightenment” and is a rapid-growing clump grass that can grow up to 6 feet tall.
- Diffuse or apply a drop of Xiang Mao to your temples to support positive meditation and promote calm and relaxing feelings. It may also be used for a daily boost of encouragement.
- Diffuse Xiang Mao alone or with Dorado Azul, Citronella, and Myrtle to create a powerful, pesticide-free, natural, and safe insect deterrent. (Additional essential oils that could be used with Xiang Mao for an insect repellant include Patchouli, Cedarwood, Melaleuca Alternifolia, and Eucalyptus Blue.)
- Use the above-mentioned oils to create a natural bug spray that is safe enough to apply directly to your skin. (Use 10–20 drops of each oil in a base of distilled water or drop the oils into standing water around your yard and home to help prevent mosquitoes.)
- Mix Xiang Mao with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to your feet following a warm bath to encourage relaxation.
- Use this oil as a cleansing agent to help purify surfaces. Add it to Thieves® Household Cleaner or add 20–30 drops in a small spray bottle of distilled water and use it on countertops. For furniture polish, use the same mixture, adding ½ cup olive oil to protect and nourish wood furniture.
- Use Xiang Mao in Young Living’s Bath & Shower Gel Base for a clean, refreshing aroma at bath time.
- Make an all-natural soap with this new single oil.
Tips on using Xiang Mao
Cymbopogon citratus† (Red lemongrass) leaf oil.
*Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
*Modern scientific research has not yet validated these traditional claims.
Young Living essential oils have been a huge boost to my wellness and one of the biggest blessings of my life. Could you use a boost like that? I’d love to help you get started! Just think of me as your personal, “100-hour head start” in learning how to tap into the natural blessing of essential oils! It’s like hope in a bottle. Pure and simple.
You understand that any information found within our website is for general educational and informational purposes only. You understand that such information is not intended nor otherwise implied to be medical advice. Please read our full disclaimer.